Effective date: 10/6/2020
The information we collect
How we use your information
Legal bases for use of your information
Cookies and similar technologies
Online analytics and advertising
How we share and disclose your information
Retention of your information
Data subject rights and your choices
Third-party links and features
International Data Transfers
How we protect your information
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when you access and use the Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
- Information you provide to us
Dear Dahlia collects a variety of information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information from you through:
- Processing your orders
- Requests or questions you submit to us via forms or email
- Your communications and dealings with us (including on the Services, on third-party social media sites and by mail or email)
- The Services that you use
- Your participation in Dear Dahlia sweepstakes, contests or research
- Any reviews that you submit about the Services and Dear Dahlia products
- Employment applications
- Account and product registration and administration of your account
- Uploads or posts to the Services
- Requests for customer support and technical assistance
Information about you. The specific types of information we collect will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and the information you choose to provide. The types of data we collect directly from you include:
- Name, address, telephone number, and email address
- Login credentials, if you create a Dear Dahlia account
- Billing information, such as delivery address, credit or debit card number, and expiry date
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us
- Information about your customer service and maintenance interactions with us
- Demographic information such as your age range and date and month of birth
- If you choose to participate in a Dear Dahlia research study related to our products and services, information provided in connection with such research
- User-generated content you post (e.g. product reviews, comments, and other posts to our Services)
Information about others. If you request that your Dear Dahlia purchase be delivered to someone other than yourself (such as a gift recipient), we use the information you provide about the other person to fulfil the delivery.
- Information we collect through automated means
When you use our Services, we collect certain information about your use of and interaction with the Services as described in this Section. We and our service providers (which are third-party companies that work on our behalf) may use a variety of technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
When you use the Services, we collect and analyze information such as your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs), referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, files you download, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the terms you use in searches on our sites, the date and time you used the Services and upload or post content, error logs, and other similar information. We and our service providers may also automatically collect general location information (e.g. IP address, city/state and/or postal code associated with an IP address) from your computer or mobile device. This information allows us to enable access to content that varies based on a user’s general location.
- Information We Collect from Social Media and Other Platforms
- Information we collect from others
Dear Dahlia may receive additional information such as demographic and statistical information from third parties, such as business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts and other parties that we may attribute to you based on your assignment to certain statistical groups. We use this information to supplement the information that we collect directly from you in order to derive your possible interests and to provide more relevant experiences for you and improve Dear Dahlia’s products, analytics, and advertising.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We, or our service providers, use your information for various business and operational purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you and the specific Dear Dahlia Services you use, in order to:
- Complete a purchase or provide the Services you have requested, including invoicing and accounting
- Respond to your requests for information and provide you with more effective and efficient customer service
- Provide you with updates and information about products you have purchased from us
- Review and process employment applications, as discussed further below in the “Employment applications” section
- Contact you by email or postal mail regarding Dear Dahlia and third-party products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you
- Customize the advertising and content on the Services
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services
- Engage in analysis, research and reports regarding use of our Services
- Synthesize and derive insights from your use of different Services
- Provide, manage, and improve the Services and their performance, and test and create new products and services
- Secure our website and products
- Comply with any procedures, laws and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Establish, exercise or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
Aggregate/anonymous data. We may aggregate and/or de-identify any information collected through the Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/De-Identified Information”). We may use Aggregate/De-Identified Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
LEGAL BASES FOR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Where use of your information is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you (for example, to comply with: the Terms of Service ; and/or our Terms of Sale); or
- Where use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide security for our Services or products; operate our business and our Services; ensure safe environments for our staff; make and receive payments; comply with legal requirements and defend our legal rights; and prevent fraud and know the customer to whom we are providing Services).
- Where we have your consent, in accordance with applicable legal requirements, to use your information for a particular purpose.
- Where we use your information to comply with applicable legal obligations (for example, keeping track of purchases for tax and auditing purposes).
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
To collect the information in the “Information we automatically collect” section above, we and our service providers use Internet server logs, cookies, tags, SDKs, tracking pixels and other similar tracking technologies. We use these technologies in order to offer you a more tailored experience in the future, by understanding and remembering your particular browsing preferences.
- A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site, which enables us to: (i) recognize your computer; (ii) store your preferences and settings; (iii) understand the web pages of the Services that you have visited; (iv) enhance your user experience by delivering and measuring the effectiveness of content and advertising tailored to your interests; (v) perform searches and analytics; and (vi) assist with security and administrative functions.
- Tracking pixels (sometimes referred to as web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier embedded in websites, online ads and/or emails that are designed to: (1) collect usage information like ad impressions or clicks and email open rates; (2) measure popularity of the Services and associated advertising; and (3) access user cookies.
As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods.
For more information on how to change your cookie settings, as well as the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, please refer to our Cookies Notice.
ONLINE ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
We may use third-party web analytics services (e.g., Google Analytics) on our Services to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
If you receive emails from us, we may use certain analytics tools, such as clear GIFs, to capture data such as when you open our messages or click on any links or banners contained in our emails. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
- Online advertising
The Services may integrate third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content on the Services, as well as relevant content and advertising on other websites you visit and other applications you use. The ads may be based on various factors, such as the content of the page you are visiting, your searches, and demographic data. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services, and may be tailored to your interests.
Third parties, whose products or services are accessible or advertised via the Services, may also place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone or other device to collect information about you as discussed above. We also allow other third parties (e.g. ad networks and ad servers such as Google) to serve tailored ads to you on other sites and to access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone or other device you use to access the Services. We sometimes provide our customer information (such as email addresses) to service providers, who may “match” this information in de-identified form to cookies (or mobile ad identifiers) and other proprietary IDs, in order to provide you with more relevant ads when you visit other websites and mobile applications.
Please note that if you exercise the opt-out choices above, you will still see advertising when you use the Services, but it will not be tailored to you based on your online behavior over time.
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Dear Dahlia will share your information in the following ways:
- Affiliates and subsidiaries. We may share information we collect within the Dear Dahlia family of companies (e.g. Dear Dahlia’s US subsidiary) to deliver products and services to you, ensure a consistent level of service across our products and Services, and enhance our products, services, and your customer experience.
- Service providers. We provide access to or share your information with selected third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, marketing, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, delivery and fulfilment, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing and legal services.
- Business transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge with or partner with other companies. In such transactions (including in contemplation of such transactions), user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of Dear Dahlia’s assets are sold or transferred to a third party, customer information (including your email address) is likely to be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, Dear Dahlia will comply with such restrictions.
- Your Consent. If you have consented to our sharing of your information, we will also share your information consistent with your consent.
From time to time, Dear Dahlia may share Aggregate/De-Identified Information about use of the Services, such as by publishing a report on usage trends. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS AND YOUR CHOICES
You have certain rights with respect to your information as further described in this section.
- Your legal rights
If you are a citizen of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you may request that we:
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- Prevent the processing of your information for direct marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- Update or rectify information which is out of date or incorrect
- Delete certain information that we are holding about you
- Oppose, cancel, or restrict the way that we process and disclose certain information
- Transfer your information to a third-party provider of services
- Revoke your consent for the processing of your information
To exercise any of your rights please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “EU Data Subject Request” in the subject line.
Please note your rights vary depending upon your location, and that we may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request as required or permitted by applicable law. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. For example, we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you or to comply with a legal obligation. In some circumstances if you still ask us to delete your information, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
- Marketing communications and sharing
THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND FEATURES
We do not knowingly process data of EU residents under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected data from an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Please note that in providing services to you, Dear Dahlia may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, other members within the Dear Dahlia group, trusted service providers and trusted business partners in countries other than your country of residence, including the United States and Korea, in accordance with applicable law. Such third parties may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of Services to you, the processing of transactions and/or the provision of support services. By providing us with your information, you acknowledge any such transfer, storage or use.
If applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Dear Dahlia takes technical and organizational security measures to protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no means of electronic or physical storage, is absolutely secure. As such, you acknowledge and accept that we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to, through or on our Services, or via the Internet, and that any such transmission is at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access a Dear Dahlia account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The Services may contain careers sections that link to websites where you can apply for employment at Dear Dahlia. As part of the recruitment process, Dear Dahlia collects a variety of information, including your contact information and your job qualifications. Dear Dahlia will use and share the information you provide through the recruitment process only for employment purposes, such as evaluating you for a job opportunity or communicating with you about your interests, and where sharing is required by law. If you have any questions about the handling of your employment application data, please contact us through one of the methods described in the “Contact Information” section below.
DEAR DAHLIA / BARAM International Co.,LTD
Attn: Legal Team
12F, Horim Art Center
Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea